Congratulations to Theresa, who is the winner of our Paleo “get it on the table quick” challenge!
Check out here recipe & give it a try … looks great!
This was one of my first successful Paleo dinners. I like it because with the addition of a pot of microwave rice for the non-Paleo members of the family, dinner is on the table in under 20 minutes. The idea for the recipe was adapted from NomNom Paleo.
- a pound of grass-fed ground beef
- 1lb. mushrooms
- coconut oil
- coconut aminos
- Thai fish sauce (optional, I add mine at the table because no one else likes the flavor)
- apple cider vinegar
- a bag of broccoli slaw
- green onions.
- Slice mushrooms and start them cooking in the coconut oil.
- When they start to release their water add 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Cook 1-2 minutes before adding ground beef. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add aminos, vinegar and fish sauce, if you’re using it, and some sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Take a taste and add more seasonings if you like.
- Add broccoli slaw, about 2 big handfuls. I usually just fill up the pan.
Cook and toss for 3 more minutes. Add green onions and cilantro if you’ve got any (I didn’t today).
Serve in lettuce cups. I like butter lettuce best, but any kind will do.
I also like it drizzled with Siracha sauce.