Today’s recipe is from our own Ana Testa
If you were at the 14.4 WOD on Saturday,
chances are you were offered one of these fudge bites after the WOD!
Chocolate Protein Cups
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups protein powder
- Melt first 4 ingredients in a pot on LOW heat.
- Let cool slightly.
- Pour over coconut and protein powder.
- Mix well.
- Pour into molds or lined mini cupcake tin. Can also be poured into parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once chilled and set, break into “chocolate bark” or peel liner and enjoy
these were really good (truly reminded me of fudge). So I had to ask Ana about protein powders & variations that she’s used – inquiring minds need to know!
Ana says “I also add 1 tbsp of chia seeds. Experiment with different almond butter & protein flavors to reach desired yumminess!! I’ve used Jay Robb Egg White (vanilla), MuscleMeds Carnivor Chocolate, Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey and Progenex Tropical Vanilla Recovery protein powders. I’ve also used different flavored almond butters…dark chocolate, vanilla espresso & plain There’s always other types of nut butter to try too…..cashew, sunflower….oh the choices.”
Seriously, if you’re not coming to do the open on Saturdays, you should be coming to cheer, see our athletes in action AND enjoy the treats! Mark your calendar as this coming Saturday is our last Open WOD – the action starts at 9:00 am, so come on out & see amazing feats, cheer and clap!
Thanks Ana for sharing the treats & the recipe!