- About CFEThis is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- Daily WOD
- Contact Us
- Featured Athletes
Today’s recipe is from our own Jaime Andreason
courtesy of the Health Bent web site
If you were at the 14.3 WOD on Saturday,
chances are you were offered one of these delicious little nuggets!
Chunky Monkey Muffins
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas, from ~2 medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, bananas, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Divide batter among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake until the muffins have puffed and the edges have slightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
What I liked is that Jaime used a mini muffin tin to make the ones she shared on Saturday and she said they took about 12 – 15 minutes to bake that way. I know they would be easily freezable, too and am sure you could substitute coconut oil for the butter if you were staying Paleo vs. Primal.
They were really delish – thanks Jaime!
p.s. – here’s a link to the Health-Bent Cookbook Primal Cravings: Your favorite foods made Paleo which I’ve seen at our local Costco ..
Over the past few years, we’ve posted a number of paleo recipes and if you’re new to CFE, you might not know they are there if you haven’t scrolling through the whole web site. So on our fourth week of the Paleo Challenge, here’s a list with links to the individual pages, maybe it’s time to try something new? AND don’t forget that your Paleo challenge booklet has a number of recipes, too!
- Lazy Sunday Roasted Sausage & Veggies
- I’ll have Ham & Rye (Paleo sandwich bread and a cinnamon raisin version, too!)
- Yes Mom, I’m Eating Broccoli!
- Green Chicken Chili
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Sweet Potato Tuna Cakes
- Braised Coconut Spinach with Lemon
- Hangover Soup
- Paleo Crockpot Chili a.k.a. Asher’s Dino Smash
- A Spring Paleo Salad
- Paleo Fried Rice
- Paleo Mexican Stuffed Peppers
- Caramel Pecan Bars
- Paleo Morning Glory Muffins
- Coconut ‘Crack’
- Almond Butter Muffins
- Paleo Take on Sweet Potatoes (A Sweet Potato side dish)
- A Paleo Take on Strawberries
- I hate brussels sprouts!
- Paleo Enchiladas, No Kidding!
- Paleo “Comfort” Foods – Shepard’s Pie & Almond Chicken Soup
- Paleo Pancakes Deux
- Tracy’s Paleo Crock Pot Brisket Tacos
- Tracy’s Breakfast Egg Cups
- Breakfast – Leftovers + the Kitchen Sink
- Paleo Pear Custard
- Paleo Cornbread Muffins
- Chocolate Drizzled Coconut Macaroons
- Paleo Stuffed Pork Chops
- I Yam What I Yam or You Say Potato, I Say Potahto (Sweet Potato Hash, Sweet Potato Spears)
- Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
- Paleo Pumpkin Cake
Today’s recipe is from our Paleo Challenge winner, Jessica Salmela!
1lb Medium or Large shrimp
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Garlic
½ cup Walnuts
- Combine everything EXCEPT the shrimp and mix until a smooth paste is formed.
- Coat the raw shrimp and placed in a saute pan.
- Cook on medium high until shrimp is cooked.
Garlic Broccoli With Almonds
5 cups Chopped Broccoli
½ cup Almonds
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tablespoons minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients together
- Saute together until almonds are toasted and Broccoli is warm / just tender
- Place the almonds on the bottom first so they will get a little toasted first