- About CFEThis is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- Daily WOD
- Contact Us
- Featured Athletes
just a reminder if you are interested in the body fat testing on Saturday, 9/20, you need to get your check or cash into the gym in order to sign up for a spot!
- $65.00 for just the two tests (9/20 & 11/15)
- $100 for the two tests plus the Paleo Challenge Buy-in
- The price on the graphic below is their usual price, not our ‘special’ price, which is above!
- Also, if you are interested in the bone density test, those funds will be paid to the testing truck on either of the Saturdays!
What’s a great way to kick start the end of the year and get you looking and performing your best, just in time for the Holidays?
A Paleo Challenge!
The Dates: The Challenge starts Saturday 9/20 and goes through through Saturday 11/15.
The Buy-In: $100/person (includes before and after Hydrostatic bodyfat testing by www.bodyfattest.com)
The Winners: Determined by the male and female with highest percentage of fat loss
The Prizes: A healthier you! plus cash and prizes!
The prize pot is divided with:
- 60% of the take to be divided between the male and female winners
- 20% will go to a gym prize
- 20% toward purchasing bi-weekly challenge incentives
* NOTE – Cash prizes depend on the number of contest participants!
Get Measured: Be ready to get dunked! The fat testing dunk tank will be here from 7 AM until 1 PM on both the start (9/20) and end dates (11/15) listed above for the Challenge. Each test will take approximately 10-15 minutes. For details and FAQs regarding the test, click here.
After paying your Buy-In, you can choose your time slot on the sign up sheet @ the gym.
Start your food log: You must keep a food log! Besides increasing the accountability factor they allow me to make sure your eating enough real food and address any potential issues. The food log can be very simple and general however the more detailed (and more honest) you are the better the results will be. Food logs are to be turned in every Friday @ the gym.
Eat PALEO! You will receive your packet detailing all you need to know about the Challenge when you come in on Saturday the 20th of September for your hydrostatic test.
If you haven’t tried Paleo , here’s a sample menu of what a day’s eating could looks like:
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with 3oz ham and mushrooms in coconut oil, 2 handfuls of blueberries, 3-4oz grapefruit juice
- Snack: 4 pcs homemade jerky, handful of trail mix, black tea
- Lunch: 2 salmon burgers in lettuce wrap with 1/2 avocado and 1/2 tomato
- Snack: 3-4oz deli turkey, 1/2 banana with tblsp almond butter
- Dinner: 3 shredded chicken tacos on lettuce with avocado, tomato and hot sauce
What to eat:
YES to meat – beef, pork, chicken, lamb
YES to seafood – tuna, salmon, shrimp
YES to vegetables – avocado, asparagus, arugula, spinach, broccoli, celery, sweet potatoes, yams, any type of leafy green, red cabbage, artichoke
YES to some fruit, nuts, and seeds – limit amounts of berries, apples, melon, almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds.
What NOT to eat:
No to processed foods. Pretty much anything in the middle of the grocery store. Can’t recognize it growing or running around in the wild? Don’t eat it.
No grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa and sprouted grains
No to sugar. Of any kind, real or artificial. No agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, Stevia, etc. If you must sweeten, use minimal amounts of honey or maple syrup
No to dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
No to legumes. Peanuts, peanut-butter, beans, peas, lentils
Fewer sweet fruits and starchy vegetables. Bananas, dried fruit, or white potatoes. (If you have serious inflammation issues like arthritis, you may want to consider avoiding all nightshades for the challenge.)
Our own Robyn Lang will be leading the Paleo Challenge and booklets covering all the details (copy of the food log you’ll need to turn in weekly, recipes, etc.) will be given to you when you come in for your body fat test.
If you want to join the Paleo Challenge, you will NEED to schedule this test in order to participate.
When surveyed, more people had an interest in body fat testing than any of the other options. So for those of you who would like to know your body’s composition, this is your opportunity. The price of $65.00 includes two tests, one on Saturday 9/20 and again 60 days later on Saturday 11/15 – great time to challenge yourself, whether it’s diet or workout – or both!If you haven’t heard about this before, here’s some data:
There is no other method in existence that is more—or as—accurate as hydrostatic testing. It’s impossible to say that it’s some-percentage (e.g. 99.9%) accurate, or what the “margin of error” is. To say that, there would have to be a better method of determining body fat than hydrostatic testing to compare to. The accuracy of other methods like caliper testing or BOD POD do have margins of error—because their accuracies are a measure of how close their results are to hydrostatic testing. If there was a better method we would use it. We strive to use the latest technoloy to acheive the most accurate results.
Dates: The Hydrostatic Testing truck will be here
- Saturday 9/20 from 7am – 1pm
- Saturday 11/15 from 7am – 1pm
- $65/person (this covers BOTH tests on the dates listed above) if you’re JUST doing the body fat testing
- $100/person (this covers BOTH tests on the dates listed above AND your Paleo Challenge fee) if you’re doing the Paleo Challenge
- A towel
- A snug fitting bathing suit (baggy clothes will capture air and may influence test results)
- Please take a shower if you just worked out
- Don’t wear heavy makeup, hair gel or lotion
- Although drinking water and exercise will not affect your results eating a big meal within two hours of the test can.
The water in the tank is continuously filtered while the clinic is in operation, chlorinated, pH balanced, and approximately 90° F. The clinic is also heated and/or cooled depending on the weather.
Privacy: There is a private changing room and an entrance door that can be closed during testing. Your data is private too, unless you ask we do not share your results with anyone but you and we do not sell your contact information.
What do you get: Your analysis will include a four-page report showing:
- Your body fat and lean mass percentages and weights
- How your percentage body fat compares to others
- How much fat, if any, needs to be lost in order to reach your composition goals
- Basal metabolic rate—how many calories/day you burn without exercising
- Personal caloric intake and expenditure chart—how many calories/day you burn when doing various exercises and activities
- Historical readings and progress, if more than one test has been taken
if you go to www.bodyfattest.com, you can see a YouTube video of the entire process!
- Check or Cash to Robyn (no credit cards).
An envelope will be with the sign up sheet so you can deposit your funds. Please include your NAME if you pay in cash
- Choose your time slot on the sign up sheet @ the gym AFTER you’ve paid to reserve your spot.
- Mark your Calendar & Get Measured & Be ready to get dunked! Each test will take approximately 10-15 minutes. For more details and FAQs regarding the test click here.
The testing can also include a bone density test at an additional cost, you will pay the truck directly for that test on the day of testing if you’d like to do that.