- About CFEThis is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
- Daily WOD
- Contact Us
- Featured Athletes
From our own Tracy Olund’s tried & tested recipes, here’s something that makes my mouth water just looking at the photo! Plus you’ve gotta love that it’s a crock pot meal, meaning it’s ready when you get home from work – doesn’t get much easier than that.
3-5 lbs brisket/ chuck shoulder roast
1 onion rough cut
6-8 garlic cloves
2 cups L.S. beef broth
1 sm red cabbage
(no measurement on spices smell as go is Tracy’s advice)
- Cook in crock pot on low 8-10 hours.
- Use leaf from red cabbage as a taco shell
- BBQ peppers to place on top of your taco along with avocado.
- Top taco with Avocado, cilantro and salsa
For those of you who read Tracy Olund’s story on Tuesday, this is one of the recipes she shared for a great breakfast (or really, any time) from her favorites.
9-10 whole eggs
A protein of your choice bacon/ham/sausage
¼ cup onion, chopped
½ cup bell peppers
6 white mushrooms, chopped
10 olives, chopped
12 tomato slices
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Sauté your meat, onion, peppers, mushroom and olives together.
- Spoon in your meat/veggies mixture into a muffin tin.
- Then add your beaten eggs.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, then store in a container in the fridge.
You can place them in the freezer, too.
Top with black pepper, dried minced onion and tomato slices.
These are a quick and easy way to get a protein and vegetable for breakfast. You can add whatever vegetables you would like. I have also seen spinach added to this like a crust less quiche.